Canada's Agriculture Day Celebration Challenge
Want FREE plantable bookmarks for your Grades K to 6 students?! Complete the Canada's Agriculture Day Celebration Challenge and we will hook you up!
February 22, 2022 is Canada's Agriculture Day, and we want you and your students to join us in celebrating and the food we love and the people who produce it!
Here's the challenge! It's 3 easy steps.
1. Complete one of the following challenges with your students by February 22, 2022:
- Write a thank-you letter to a food hero! Food heroes are anyone involved in getting food to our plates, from farmers to truck drivers to mechanics to grocery clerks. You could mail them or hand deliver them for a special touch!
- Draw a picture of foods or agriculture products you are thankful for! Make sure they are from crops grown or animals raised here in Canada. Hang these up in your school so others can enjoy them!
- Take a "Forks Up for Canadian Ag" selfie or classroom photo! With your students, raise a fork to Canadian Ag. Share the photo with us or post on social media tagging #CdnAgDay. Find “Forks Up” graphics here.
- Learn about where food comes from with your students! Order or download a FREE storybook or learning kit from here. Once you've used the resource in your classroom to learn about where food comes from, you've completed the challenge. Let us know what your students learned.
2. Click the following button to let us know you've completed a challenge and to provide your contact information.
3. Your bookmarks are on their way! The plantable bookmarks are graciously provided by the Ministry of Agriculture and Harvest Meats.
Bonus Teacher Prize:
Share your challenge photos for a chance to win 1 of 3 prizes. TWO chances to enter:
1. Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Post on social media, using #CdnAgDay and tagging @aitcsk @SKAgriculture @HarvestMeats.
Winners will be contacted via email or social media and listed on this page on February 23, 2022.
Congratulations Teacher Prize Winners Carmen Bellehumeur, Carrie Spedding and Erica Kelly!
Thank you for your interest, this challenge has closed.
Bookmarks provided courtesy of: