Canada's Agriculture Day Celebration Challenge
Want FREE plantable bookmarks for your Grades K to 6 students?! Complete the Canada's Agriculture Day Celebration Challenge and we will hook you up!
February 15, 2023 is Canada's Agriculture Day, and we want you and your students to join us in celebrating and the food we love and the people who produce it!
Here's the challenge! It's 3 easy steps.
1. Complete one of the following challenges with your students by February 17, 2023:
- Write a thank-you letter to a food hero! Food heroes are anyone involved in getting food to our plates, from farmers to truck drivers to mechanics to grocery clerks. You could mail them or hand deliver them for a special touch!
- Draw a picture of foods or agriculture products you are thankful for! Make sure they are from crops grown or animals raised here in Canada. Hang these up in your school so others can enjoy them!
- Take a "Forks Up for Canadian Ag" selfie or classroom photo! With your students, raise a fork to Canadian Ag. Share the photo with us or post on social media tagging #CdnAgDay. Find “Forks Up” graphics here.
- Learn about where food comes from with your students! Order or download a FREE classroom resource from here. Once you've used the resource with your students, you've completed the challenge.
2. Click the following button to let us know you've completed a challenge and to provide your contact information.
Thank you for your interest, this challenge has closed. Check back in 2024!
3. Your bookmarks are on their way! The plantable bookmarks are graciously provided by the Ministry of Agriculture, Federated Co-operatives Ltd. and Lake Country Co-operative Association Ltd.
Bonus Teacher Prize:
Share your challenge photos for a chance to win 1 of 3 prizes. TWO chances to enter:
1. Email photos to email@example.com.
2. Post on social media, using #CdnAgDay and tagging @aitcsk @SKAgriculture.
Winners will be contacted via email and listed on this page on February 22, 2023.
Congratulations to this year's Teacher Prize winners Tracey Olson, Marina Smitch and Demonda Evanisky!
Bookmarks provided courtesy of: