AITC-SK is a team of dedicated, knowledgeable, passionate people who come together to inspire youth to care about food and agriculture.
AITC-SK is hiring a Finance Coordinator, CLICK HERE for printable version.
Job Posting: Finance Coordinator (part-time)
Agriculture in the Classroom SK (AITC-SK) is seeking a responsible, organized and detail-oriented person to manage our day to day accounting and finance requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly.
AITC-SK is a registered charity that connects kids and agriculture through innovative, curriculum-based programs and resources. Our office environment is busy, fun and supportive. If this sounds like a place you want to work – then apply to join our team!
KEY ACCOUNTABILITY AREAS
1. Financial Sustainability
• Coordinate and complete a variety of financial functions. I.E. Monthly financial statements, bank deposits, audit activities, reports for regulators.
• Complete bookkeeping/accounting activities related to ongoing operations. I.E. General ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, bank deposits and reconciliations, entering and tracking data in accounting systems, company credit cards, staff expense reports, etc.
• Provide financial reports/statistics and requested information to ED, Board of Directors, and other staff.
• Complete year-end accounting activities. I.E. Entering year-end allocations and adjustments, provide year-end documents to accountant, participate in internal/external audits.
• Develop and coordinate the implementation of financial practices, policies and procedures that are compliant with all regulatory bodies and legislative requirements.
• Participate in the preparation, monitoring, and reporting of Little Green Thumbs National and Provincial programs and other programs as required.
• Administer Payroll & Benefits, including setting up new employees, entering in staff projected hours, monthly and annual government reporting. I.E. ROE, T4’s, TD1 forms
• Administer, process and track staff benefits. I.E. Pension plan, staff health benefits, sick leave, vacation, etc.
• Develop and implement cross-functional administrative processes that support the organization’s overall effectiveness and efficiency.
• Format and create templates and forms I.E. Expense forms, travel forms, timesheets, budget sheets.
• Assist in coordinating board meetings, taking minutes at board meetings, maintaining corporate board records as per regulatory requirements, and responding to board requests.
• Assist Executive Director as needed.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Proficiency with accounting software (Preference given to knowledge of Simply Accounting)
• Technical expertise in accounting and professional standards
• Highly proficient use of Microsoft Office suite, in particular with Access, Excel and Word
• Proficient and accurate data entry skills
• Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Highly organized
• Valid driver’s license
• Demonstrate a strong commitment and passion to make a contribution to agriculture education.
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction while demonstrating the ability to exercise mature judgment, prioritization and organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Excellent problem-solving ability.
• Minimum two years’ progressively responsible accounting experience within the non-profit/charitable environment.
• Minimum two years’ payroll and benefits administration
• A degree or diploma in accounting or business considered an asset
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 27, 2019.