AITC-SK is a team of dedicated, knowledgeable, passionate people who come together to inspire youth to care about food and agriculture.
Administrative & Logistics Coordinator, Little Green Thumbs
Little Green Thumbs (LGT) is a national indoor classroom gardening program managed by Agriculture in the Classroom Saskatchewan. Little Green Thumbs works with a network of 10 regional host organizations across Canada to deliver the Little Green Thumbs program regionally. Little Green Thumbs supplies garden materials to these program partners from a centralized warehouse location in Saskatoon, SK. The program works to equip teachers with the tools, skills and knowledge to grow indoor classroom gardens and leverage its classroom learning opportunities. You may learn more about the Little Green Thumbs program at www.LittleGreenThumbs.org.
The LGT Administrative & Logistics Coordinator is a key member of the Little Green Thumbs program national office, based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. This role is responsible for coordinating the procurement and distribution of gardening materials to partner programs across country, as well as inventory management, warehouse maintenance and varied program administrative responsibilities. The LGT Operations Coordinator reports to the National Program Director and provides support to other Agriculture in the Classroom Saskatchewan programs as needed.
1. Logistics Coordination
• Implement defined logistical processes and procedures that support the program’s ongoing overall effectiveness and efficiency
• Implement inventory management systems inventory
• Manage materials and supplies procurement and distribution.
• Lead the assembly of program supplies (i.e. Packaging seeds, compiling materials for national distribution) program seed packaging.
• Assist program director with preparation and implementation of annual operational plans.
2. General Program Administration
• Communicate standardized operational policies and processes to local garden-based education coordinators (i.e. quality control, safety, program integrity, etc.)
• Maintain and supply host organizations with materials and supports (i.e. Coordinator manual, teacher manual, learning resources, etc.)
• Contribute to the development and continual improvement of a procedures manual to deal with issues of quality control, safety, program integrity, program execution
• Assist the National Program director with expenditure reporting
• Provide administrative support to the National Program Director as needed
• Manage the LGT program database, which tracks annual and historical program statistics
• Assist with compiling statistics and information for reports to funding partners
Skills and Education
• Education or a background in business, administration, operations management or equivalent experience
• Excellent communication skills and keen attention to detail are required
• Experience in inventory management and project management and/or operations management
• Ability to work in a flexible and adaptive work style and thrive in a mission-driven and collaborative work environment
• Experience working with cloud technology and digital communication tools
• Proficiency working with Microsoft Excel
• Access to a vehicle is required.
• Physically fit and able to lift 50 lbs.
• Knowledge of gardening and agriculture considered is an asset
• Experience working with teachers and knowledge of the education system is an asset
Wage is $20-22/hour. 40/hours a week, for a 1-year contract. Part-time could be considered for the right applicant. Employees will have a flexible working environment and will at times be required to work outside of normal working hours.
Application deadline: December 20, 2020
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Download Administrative & Logistics Coordinator, Little Green Thumbs