AITC-SK is a team of dedicated, knowledgeable, passionate people who come together to inspire youth to care about food and agriculture.
Do you have a passion for agriculture and food? Do you thrive in a busy, fast-paced environment? Do you love meeting people and developing relationships? Does being around young people energize you? If so – a position with Agriculture in the Classroom Saskatchewan might be just the career for you!
Position: Program Coordinator
Term: Full-time Salary: $43,000 - $48,000 plus benefits
Deadline for applications: March 27, 2016
Location: Saskatoon Start
Date: As soon as possible
Agriculture in the Classroom Saskatchewan:
Agriculture in the Classroom Saskatchewan (AITC-SK) is a charity dedicated to connecting kids and agriculture through curriculum-based programs and resources. To achieve this, AITC-SK collaborates with the agriculture and education sectors across Saskatchewan to develop and deliver quality teaching resources and organize hands-on outreach programs for students. AITC-SK provides the foundation for young people to explore agriculture and the role it plays in their lives.
AITC-SK is seeking a highly motivated person to coordinate our school gardening programs. Little Green Thumbs and Little Green Sprouts are living laboratories that give students a chance to explore, discover, and learn about food production, environmental stewardship, and healthy eating. The programs involve over 200 teachers and 7000 students throughout the province. The successful Program Coordinator will have excellent communication, project management skills, and problem-solving skills.
The Position: Program Coordinator
The Program Coordinator will report directly to the AITC-SK Program Manager and will be responsible for managing the Little Green Thumbs (LGT) and Little Green Sprouts (LGS) indoor gardening programs. Responsibilities will include:
• Maintain accurate and up to date records on program activities, teacher participation, inventory, applications, supply orders and year to year changes using web-based portal and database.
• Coordinate and deliver teacher workshops
• Manage logistics and inventory for program materials and supplies
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with Educators and program partners
• Develop and deliver classroom presentations that link garden-based learning to modern agriculture
• Conduct formal evaluations of the LGS and LGT programs and recommend revisions to content, learning methods/activities, and/or delivery based on feedback.
• Prepare bi-annual reports for program funders/partners
• Manage the program within set budget
• Attend teacher conventions to promote AITC-SK programs and educational resources
• Participate in other AITC-SK programs, as directed by the AITC-SK Program Manager
• Enhance the public image of AITC-SK among members, partners, educators, students, parents, and the citizens of Saskatchewan
Skills & Qualifications:
• Experience in project management
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficient computer skills; word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentations
• Experience and skills in program monitoring and evaluation
• Ability to develop solid working relationships with teachers, school administrators, volunteers, and agriculture representatives
• Ability to prioritize, develop and follow a detailed work plan, and meet deadlines
• Comfortable delivering engaging presentations to students from diverse backgrounds
• Experience working with teachers and students is an asset
• Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required as travel within the province is required. Approximately 30% of the time will be spent travelling
• Understanding of the Saskatchewan Educational System an asset
• An agriculture background or experience in gardening would be an asset
• A degree in Agriculture, Education, Environmental Education, or equivalent would be an asset
Please send your resume and cover letter for this position via e-mail to Susan Jorgensen by Friday, March 27, 2020.
Download printable job posting.