Agriculture affects us all. Every single day.
Since 1994, Agriculture in the Classroom Sask Inc. (AITC-SK) has played a pivotal role in educating youth about agriculture through hands-on activities, engaging programs and inquiry-based educational resources.
The AITC-SK team, led by Executive Director Sara Shymko, is passionate about inspiring the next generation to care about food and the farmers who grow it. AITC-SK is governed by a board of directors who are committed to supporting the organization's goals.
Our vision and everyday purpose.
We have a vision of a Saskatchewan community that understands, appreciates and respects agriculture.
The agriculture industry is made stronger by the trust, support and involvement of well-informed consumers. And right now, the future of agriculture is sitting in classrooms across the province, with their hands enthusiastically raised.
We want to:
Inspire students to care about food and the people producing it,
Build trust in agriculture,
Provide accurate, balance, current, and science-based information,
Foster critical thinking, and
Encourage students to consider careers in agriculture and food.
Our mission and promise to you.
Our mission is to connect kids and agriculture through innovative, experiential and curriculum-based programs and resources.
We promise to:
Share Saskatchewan's incredible food story through accurate, balanced, current, and science-based information about food and agriculture.
Bridge the gap between the agriculture and education communities by creating opportunities for students and teachers to meet the people involved in producing their food.
Support teachers with innovative, experiential and memorable agricultural learning opportunities that enable students to make more informed decisions related to food and agriculture.
Our guiding principles.
· Passion & Commitment - We are dedicated to grow and continually evolve with the trends and challenges in the education and agriculture industries.
· Quality - We will collaborate to ensure educational experiences are valued and meet the needs of educators, industry partners and students.
· Integrity - We are transparent, and will ensure our offerings provide accurate, balanced, current, and science-based information.
· Community - We strive to build a community of support among partners, and an internal work environment where members feel engaged, supported and valued.
· Empowerment - We will empower students to think critically and to explore their personal connection to agriculture, to build trust and understanding of agriculture in our province.
AITC-SK is a registered charity: 88687 4692 RR0001
Together we are building a stronger agriculture future!
Now more than ever, young people deserve to know where their food comes from and AITC-SK is doing so by delivering agriculture education opportunities in Saskatchewan schools. Our partnerships within the education and agriculture communities help us develop and deliver educational experiences that connect kids and agriculture.
Read more about our progress throughout the years:
25th Anniversary Report: Celebrating 25 Years of Agriculture Education!
2018 Annual Report: An in-depth review of how we reach more students each year!
2017 Annual Report: A Network of People to Reach Over 74,000 Students!
2016 Annual Report: Farming, Food, and Fun for Over 68,000 Students!
2015 Annual Report: 519 Schools Reached - More than Half the Schools in the Province!
2014 Annual Report: AITC-SK is Proud to Celebrate 20 years of Agriculture Education!
2013 Annual Report: We Reached 74% More Students this Year.
2012 Annual Report: AITC-SK Directly Reached 15,250 Students in 218 Schools.