Little Green Thumbs (LGT) is a national indoor classroom gardening program managed by Agriculture in the Classroom Saskatchewan. Little Green Thumbs works with a network of 10 regional host organizations across Canada to deliver the Little Green Thumbs program. We work to equip teachers with the equipment, skills and knowledge to grow indoor classroom gardens and leverage the classroom learning opportunities it presents. You may learn more about the Little Green Thumbs program at www.LittleGreenThumbs.org.
The LGT Operations Coordinator is a key member of the Little Green Thumbs program national office, based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, and is responsible for coordination and improvement of the processes and procedures for day to day operations. This includes procurement, distribution and inventory management, as well as health and safety procedures, warehouse maintenance, database management, administration and project management. The LGT Operations Coordinator reports to the National Program Director and provides program support as needed.
1. Manage Program Logistics
• Implement defined structure, operational processes, procedures, and resources that support the program’s ongoing overall effectiveness and efficiency.
• Manage logistics of resource and material procurement, distribution and inventory.
• Lead the assembly of program supplies, such as program seed packaging.
• Assist program director with preparation and implementation of annual operational plans and budgets.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with funders, industry partners, program partners, and regional coordinators.
2. Support the implementation and delivery of Little Green Thumbs in regional host organizations across Canada
• Communicate standardized operational policies and processes to local garden-based education coordinators (ie. quality control, safety, program integrity, etc)
• Develop, maintain and supply host organizations with materials and supports (ie. Coordinator manual, teacher manual, learning resources, ect)
• Contribute to the development and continual improvement of a procedures manual to deal with issues of quality control, safety, program integrity, program execution
• Schedule and coordinate LGT coordinator conference calls and training
• Respond to questions, troubleshoot problems and issues with the help of the National Program Director (ie. safety concerns)
• Manage the program database to track annual and historical statistics
• Analyze data and assist with compiling reports for funding partners
4. General Program Administration, Communications and Events
• Respond to general correspondence with the public and LGT program
• Assist with event coordination and delivery, such as the School Garden Summit 2020, training workshops and focus groups
• Assist with content for the Little Green Thumbs learning blog, e-newsletter and social media channels
• Support the National Program Director as needed
5. Special projects
• Expand the LGT mentorship program across Canada, using a current regional program as the model.
Skills and Education
• A degree in education, business, agriculture, environmental education or equivalent experience
• Excellent communication skills and keen attention to detail
• Proven experience in inventory management and project management and/or operations management
• Flexible and adaptive work style with the ability to thrive in a mission-driven environment
• Ability to work in collaborative work environments
• Knowledge of gardening and agriculture an asset
• Experience working with teachers and knowledge of the education system an asset
• Experience working with cloud technology and digital communication tools
• Proficiency working with Microsoft Excel
• Willing to travel within and out of province
Wage is $43,000/year - $48,000. 40/hours a week, for a 1-year contract. Part-time could be considered for the right applicant. Employees will have a flexible working environment and will be required to work outside of normal working hours at times.
Application deadline: April 5, 2019
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Download printable Operations Coordinator, Little Green Thumbs job posting.